Wednesday 26 August 2009

Kaymed gel nest ultra 1800 - August update

In my last update I suggested that, given hindsight” I might have bought a different and possibly cheaper bed than the Kaymed gel nest ultra.

Some 4 months on, I feel that I need to correct that statement.

I am definitely sleeping far better than I have for a long time with very few interruptions to my sleep and I generally wake up without any aches, tensions or stiffness. This is particularly so of my back which has given me a lot of problems over the last 9 or 10 months.

A recent test of our bed’s effectiveness came when we stayed in a family house (with an almost new bed) in Spain. Within one day of sleeping on that bed my back was giving me problems and I was unable to acclimatize myself to it over 23 nights. Within three or four days of getting back to the Kaymed bed the problems were over and I was back to sleeping well again.

One problem that this does highlight is that once you start sleeping on a “body contouring” bed it becomes very difficult to sleep on a regular or cheaper bed. This is obviously a problem, particularly on holidays or when staying with friends.

So to sum up, after 4 or 5 months of use the “kaymed gel nest” is proving a worthwhile purchase. My only reservations remain the longevity of this type of bed, primarily in respect of permanent deflections and moulding itself to the body. However, so far that has not been an issue and the bed is performing very well.

For anyone contemplating buying a new bed you clearly need to be aware that, for many people, there is a time lag between starting to use a gel, visco elastic memory foam or latex foam mattress, and becoming accustomed to its unique characteristics. For me this took longer than I would have expected, but I now feel very happy with this composite spring, visco elastic and gel hybrid.

I will post again either in a few months, or if there is any significant good or bad report that I wish to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment